The Hellenic Children’s Museum (HCM) is a non-profit organization of public welfare, legally established in Athens, Greece in 1987 by a group of young professionals.
Its purpose is to help children develop all aspects of their personality in order to become citizens who respect their own individuality and to obtain a social conscience.
The purpose addresses all children, without exception, families, school communities and everyone who is interested in the multilateral development of children or is directly or indirectly related to children.
The HCM’s mission is to encourage every child to discover, to understand, to learn, to enjoy and to shape the world in which (s)he lives with respect for individuality and an emphasis on team work.
- has created and runs the CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF ATHENS
A collaboration between the non-profit organization «Hellenic Children’s Museum» and the Culture, Sports & Youth Organization of the City of Athens (OPANDA)
It is a multi-subject and multi-oriented museum and it derives its subjects from science and technology, the natural environment, arts, social studies, language, mathematics and children’s daily life and interests. The exhibit area of the Museum presents both permanent and temporary exhibits.
Museum’s audience: Children up to 12 years old and their adult companions.
The exhibits of the Children’s Museum of Athens
- The Attic
- Hello Pythagoras!
- Workshop: The moving image
- The Us and the Them, an exhibit about diversity
- The Kitchen – Discover the world of Biscuit
- Discover Myself-How do I move?
- The ABC of nutrition
- Drive and walk safely
- The Museum of the Greek alphabet letters
At the exhibits of the Children’s Museum of Athens, children can:
- explore the objects
- use all their senses
- «play role games» and cooperate with other children as well as with their parents
- assemble or disassemble objects
- make things and take them with them
- understand how something works through play
The HCM studies, designs, implements EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS for:
- school groups at the Children’s Museum of Athens and at schools
- families and other groups at the Children’s Museum of Athens and at other museums or open air cultural sites
- educators and parents
- people with special needs and other groups with special characteristics (i.e. refugees etc)
The HCM VOLUNTEER PROGRAM: The HCM has an impressive volunteer program awarded in 2005 by the Hellenic Federation of Friends of Museums. Over 4500 volunteers have supported the HCM the last 35 years.
Friday: 17:00 – 20:00
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00 – 15:00 (time zones: 11:00-12:45, 13:15-15:00)
Before your visit it is necessary to call us on +302103312995 in order to sign up to certain time zone.
The Children’s Museum of Athens will remain closed from July 31st until September 15th, 2023.
Monday to Friday mornings the Museum is open only for school visits.
Children must be accompanied by adults during their visit in the museum.
Health + Safety Measures:
Please reschedule your appointment if you are currently exhibiting known symptoms of Covid-19 or have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days, or if you live or interact closely with anyone currently exhibiting known symptoms of COVID-19 or who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
The Children’s Museum of Athens operates at the ground floor of the Athens Conservatoire Building and its entrance is on Vas. Konstantinou Avenue.
- METRO line 3 – Evangelismos station (exit: Parko Rizari)
- BUSES : 550 – bus-stop: Ethniko Idryma Erevnon (National Hellenic Research Foundation)
Closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1st), Epiphany (January 6th), Clean Monday, March 25th, Good Friday, Easter Day, Easter Monday, May 1st, Holy Spirit Day, August 15th, October 28th, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Athens Conservatoire Building, Rigillis & Vas. Georgiou B’ 17-19, 106 75 Athens, Greece
Tel: +30 2103312995, Fax: +30 2103241919, E-mail: [email protected],
Facebook / Instagram: Hellenic Children’s Museum